- COUNTRY STORE—Need household items, baby blankets and misc baby items, fall and winter wreaths, kitchen, bath and household items, comforters, sheet sets, wood items, some Christmas items. Please start bringing in items now and Please only new items. Thank you ladies for making wreaths last Wednesday.
- Burgoo Stand—Need men and women to cut up vegetables and meat for burgoo on Sat morning, Sept 22 at 8am. Meet in burgoo barn, bring pan and knife.
- Workers Needed in several stands—call parish office to sign up
- Talent Contest—Money and prizes. Please pickup entry forms at Parish Office, Trinity or St Mary’s offices. For more info call 315-3283.
- Picnic Raffle Tickets—Drop any tickets sold in the collection basket. There are some extra tickets in the parish office.
It has been five years since St. Mary updated its pictorial directory of families. In June Olan Mills will once again begin the process of taking family portraits for a new church directory. The parish hall and activities room will be used as before. The dates and further details will be in the bulletin and here on the website in the next few months.
The problem with the binding not holding and pages falling out of the last dirctory is well known. To their credit, however, Olan Mills tried very hard to make good on the mistake although not to everyone’s satisfaction. Since that time the parish office has heard several stories from parishes in other areas who experienced problems with their directories and the company they used, which was not Olan Mills, made no effort to stand behind their work.
There is no denying that Olan Mills remains one of the most reputable companies in the industry. We look forward to having a large turnout. These directories are used on a regular basis by parishioners and the parish office, particularly by the pastor. When he is called upon to respond to a family’s needs it helps tremendously to match a face with a name. We sincerely hope each family will plan to be a part of the 2010 family directory.
“Loved Into Life – Becoming a Reed of God”
This retreat for women will revolve around the spirituality of Caryll Houselander, her advice on how to be holy in everyday life and her book, “The Reed of God”. Retreat leader will be Sr. Cheryl Clemons, OSU, PhD. The program will be held at Mount St. Joseph Conference and Retreat Center.
Date: February 12-14, 2010
Fee: $175 includes accommodations, meals and materials
$120 if commuting
Deduct 10% if paid by Jan 12.
Contact: Kathy McCarty at 270-229-0200, ext. 413
Retreat brochures can be found at www.msjcenter.org
All parish members and guests 50 years and older are invited:
Jan 9 – Game Night after the 4pm Mass, serving bean soup & cornbread
Feb. 20 – Bunco & Potluck after the 4pm Mass
March 13 – Newlywed Game & Potluck after 4pm Mass